In order to ensure that our guests have the best possible experience at our bed and breakfast we have established the following policies. Also, please feel free to contact us directly at the B&B, if you have additional questions or concerns.
Book direct with us online! Booking direct from this website helps us keep our rates as low as possible. Our phone number is 434-260-7234 but we cannot always be in our office to accept phone calls for reservations. We very much appreciate the use of the online booking system. See below for deposit and refund policy.
Check In / Check Out:
Check-in time is 4:00pm-7:00pm. Other check in times by special arrangement. Check out time is 11:00am.
Rates are based upon double occupancy. Add $25 per day for each additional adult. Space for additional adults is available in the Garden Room, Dogwood Suite and Shenandoah Suite.
We require full payment for the reservation as deposit at the time the reservation is made. Deposits are refundable less a $25 processing fee for cancellations made before the 14 day period. Making your full payment at the time of the reservation simplifies the check in process and ensures your payment completes in case your card expires or is replaced before the date of your reservation. If you need to make other payment arrangements please call us (434-260-7234).
We accepts cash, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover), and personal checks. Full payment is due at the time of the reservation.
Cancellations must be made by telephone or email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 14 days prior to arrival. Your full payment deposit will be refunded minus a $25 processing fee. For late cancellations (within 14 days of your arrival) we will attempt to rebook the room for you. If we are unable to rebook your room, your deposit will be forfeited. If we do rebook the room, your deposit will be refunded, minus a $25 processing fee. All cancellations will be confirmed back to the guest via email from the innkeeper.
Children are not allowed at The Inn at Sugar Hollow Farm. First, for safety reasons now that we have electrified fencing around our chicken coop and goat run. Second, for preservation of our romantic peaceful setting that couples who enjoy our bed and breakfast have come to expect.
- Dogs must not be left unattended in the room, except during breakfast service.
- Dogs only. Sorry, cats and other pets are not accepted due to the innkeeper's allergies!
- Only the Farmhouse rooms are currently dog friendly, these rooms include The Garden Room, The Butterfly Room, The Hummingbird Room, and The Dogwood Suite.
- Dogs are not allowed in The Main Inn Building or Shenandoah Suite.
- Only well behaved dogs are welcome. Aggressive dogs are not welcome.
- Dogs must be people friendly and friendly to other dogs.
- Owners must attend to barking dogs immediately.
- Owners are expected to pick up after their dogs at all times. Plastic bags and trash receptacles will be provided.
- Owners are expected to have able proof of up to date vaccinations and all dogs must be free of all internal and external parasites.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash when proximity to other guests and dogs. Leash free open space is available otherwise.
- Weather permitting, you may bring your dog up to the stone patio during breakfast to eat with you outside.
We start allowing the use of the wood burning fireplaces usually from about Oct 15th and stop using the wood burning fireplaces around April 15th in a typical year. Temperatures must drop into the 60's during the day and 40's at night before we begin with lighting fireplaces in the rooms, so that we are not running air conditioning at the same time as we are burning the wood in the fireplaces. The exact date that we start or stop using the fireplaces varies year to year depending on the weather outlook.
If you booked The Wildflower Room, The Country Manor Room, The Woodland Room, or The Hunt Country Room, let us know if you would rather have an eco-friendly firelog instead of real wood.
In late Fall, Winter, and early Spring, if you would like to use real wood in your wood burning fireplace, please note that your innkeepers will build your fireplace with paper, kindling, and wood, and ignite your fire for you. We would like to light your fire for you before 9pm and you should plan to monitor your fire once it is ignited for safety reasons. We will provide new materials for your fire on a daily basis during your stay.
Smoking is not permitted inside The Main Inn, Farmhouse or Shenandoah Suite. If you need an ashtray while you smoke outside please let us know and one will be provided.